My levels for possible game

« Older   Newer »

1. InfernalGrape

User deleted

I don't know when i'll finish this. I can't even say that i've really started making it. But, whatever.
    Now, i'll show some screenshots showing changes i was going through (and still am).

When i was at school (until 2009) i tried creating some maps for Half-Life Deathmatch

jpg jpg jpg jpg

Several years later i decided make my own game project. I used engine, similar to Quake 4's, as base.
    I was aiming for First Person Shooter / Platformer with Non-Realistic visual style.

image image image

At some point i thought that i can't have colors instead of textures.

image image image image

Than i decided to switch engine to UDK because i thought it would give me more control.
    I started experimenting with style.

image image image

And tried making some levels.

image image image

to be updated...

Edited by InfernalGrape - 24/3/2014, 18:16

2. _Sal_

User deleted

I like the shader experiments, hoping for more in the future! =)
    If you need some k7 models, I can pm you some ( with textures )

3. InfernalGrape

User deleted

If you need some k7 models, I can pm you some ( with textures )

Thanks, but i'm not aiming for making some fan fiction i'm afraid. I must learn 3d modelling of figures/props myself. Creating levels in level editors is simplified and comfortable, and it's hard to get used to 3d max's interface for me after UDK or Radiant.

4. InfernalGrape

User deleted

Taking a look back what were i doing 10 years ago for halflife, dammit

gauss_duel 28/05/2007

On this map you had low gravity and must have used gaussgun recoil both for transportation and kills.

apartments 03/06/2007

Ambitions were high with this building i never ended. In this map, i established my two favorite things regarding level design - a) ability of walking on cornice, ledge, catwalk etc. b) hidden secrets! behind the secrets! secrets everywhere!

killing time 14/06/2007

Small and compact map where you don't have much places to hide besides home and stuff; Also usage of verticality to have more walkable space and superior positions.

panopticon 24/08/2007

This was hugely inspired by watertower prison from Silent Hill 4. Main thing of this level is that you have several floors and many ways to move between them.

truth in highs 29/08/2008

It was my final map. All my decisions works here too - hidden secrets, large amount of walkable space - you're not limited to ground, but use roofs, ledges etc etc., verticality too.

And now some more serious stuff XD

2 years ago this was my graduation work in university. Yeah virtual museum shit. After which i burnt out a bit.

3 replies since 29/12/2013, 23:56   109 views